Common Admin Queries

Below you can find answers to some questions that are frequently asked by patients to our Reception staff.

Email address for Complaints, Freedom of Information requests: [email protected]

Requests for reports, letters, completion of claim forms, Medicals etc. (NON NHS work)

 Please submit your request using the Administrative request online form instead of Engage Consult form clearly stating what you require.

If you need a letter, a report or complete forms or a medical report from the doctor for any reason, please state clearly what you require. In case of a letter, please state the purpose and details of what you would like to convey and who the letter needs to be addressed to.

The doctor completes medical examinations on Wednesdays. If you need a medical examination, please state your availability to attend.

One of our administrators will discuss the request with the doctor and If the doctor agrees to provide a letter, a report, complete a form or a medical report, there will be a charge as this is not NHS work.

Once the fee is agreed, it will need to be paid in full, PRIOR to completion of the work requested. This can take up to 21 days to process. Please refer to our private fees attachment for fees payable for the work.

Request for copy of medical record

These requests can take up to 21 days to complete and there is usually no charge. You may access your medical records by requesting online access to your medical records. After 1st November, all patients will be able to have access to all of their medical records with all entries made after the 1st of November automatically.

Email address: [email protected]

Requests for medical records for patients who have left the practice or are deceased

When a patient is no longer registered at a medical practice because they have changed practices, moved abroad or deceased, their complete medical record is returned to Primary Care Support England (PCSE).  For any information relating to their GP record please contact the PCSE Customer Support Centre, which is open from 8:00-17:00, Monday to Friday for all services.

Phone: 0333 014 2884
Post: Primary Care Support England, PO Box 350, Darlington, DL1 9QN

Results for tests/procedures NOT carried out or requested by Thistlemoor Medical Centre

If you have had any tests elsewhere that was not requested by the medical centre (e.g., it was requested in the hospital by the hospital doctor); then you must contact the hospital department/consultant who arranged the tests for their results and to arrange a follow up with that department/doctor.

Updating Address and Contact Details

If you you have moved house, then please use the link to inform us of the change of address or contact details. Provided you still live within our catchment area, your address will be updated on your medical record within 5 working days. However, if you have moved to an address outside our catchment area, you may be contacted and advised that you need to re-register with a GP Practice closer to your new address. A deduction request will be sent to Primary Care Support England (PCSE) in 2 weeks. This allows you sufficient time to find and register with a new GP Practice.

FIT note (sick note)

Patients should self-certify their sickness if the period of sickness is 7 days or less. If the sickness if for 8 days or more, the patient should submit a request for a FIT note (sick note) from their usual Doctor.

DWP and PIP reports/letters

The practice/your doctor does not issue reports or letters for the DWP/PIP unless they have been requested directly by them. Doctors will not issue reports or letters for the DWP or PIP if requested by a patient and they will not be issued to the patient.