Statement of purpose (as of February 2022)
The name and address of the registered provider is:
Thistlemoor Medical Centre
6-10 Thistlemoor Road
Registered Manager: Dr. Neil Modha
Practice Manager: Ms. Paulina Janczura
Legal Status: Partnership
Service Types: Doctors Consultation Service
Doctors Treatment Service
Treatment of disease, disorder or injury
Diagnostic and Screening Procedures
Maternity and Midwifery
Family Planning Service
Open for Registration to patients resident and temporarily resident on the practice area.
The medical centre has existed for over 50 years and started as a single building. The practice has been completely remodelled over its history to now consist of purpose built facility within modern premises. The practice also has large onsite parking. We have been a training practice since 2010.
Due to Coronavirus we have developed an external site for flu and coronavirus vaccination delivery. This involves 3 vaccine cabins towards the rear of the Practice near the Staff Car Park.
Under the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (The Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009 Part 4), the registering body (Thistlemoor Medical Centre) is required to provide to the Care Quality Commission a statement of purpose.
Our Aims and objectives:
- Provide a high standard of Medical Care
- Be committed to our patients needs
- Act with integrity and complete confidentiality
- Be courteous, approachable, friendly and accommodating
- Ensure safe and effective services and environment
- To maintain our motivated and skilled work teams
- Through monitoring and auditing continue to improve our healthcare services
- Maintain high quality of care through continuous learning and training
- Ensure effective and robust information governance systems
- Treat all patients and staff with dignity, respect and honesty
- Ensure that every individual is treated fairly and without discrimination
Our purpose is to provide people registered with the practice with personal health care of high quality and to seek continuous improvement on the health status of the Practice population overall. We aim to achieve this by developing and maintaining a happy sound Practice which is responsive to people’s needs and expectations and which reflects whenever possible the latest advances in Primary Health Care.