Adult Weight Management – Healthy You
‘FREE 12 week weight management groups for those living with learning disabilities who live in Cambridgeshire or Peterborough.’
Would you like to lose weight?
Healthy You offer a 12 week programme with 45 minutes Nutrition Workshops and 45 minutes physical activity sessions. There are lots of options to understand food choices and to help you find tasty, small changes to help you lose weight for good. We run groups with our friendly registered Nutritionists and trained Physical Activity Specialists who are fun and sociable, giving you the chance meet people who, just like you, want to get fit and lose weight.
- Anyone aged 16+ who lives in Cambridgeshire or Peterborough
- Or registered with a GP in Cambridgeshire or Peterborough.
- Your BMI needs to be equal or greater than 25
- If you are from a South Asian, Chinese, other Asian, Middle Eastern, Black African or African-Caribbean family background your BMI needs to be above 23
Healthy You Tier 2 Weight Management Programme
16 years +, BMI >=25
• 12-week Healthy You programme combining nutrition education and physical activities for 1.5 hours/week or voucher for Slimming World or WW.
In person in some locations or virtual
Healthy You Tier 3 Specialist Weight Management Programme
Healthy You Tier 3 weight management service is a specialist service for patients with severe and complex obesity, providing an intensive level of support to patients through a multi-disciplinary team (MDT) approach.
It is a service for obese individuals who have not responded to previous interventions and patients are supported by a multi-disciplinary team of specialists including a physician, consultant or GP with Special Interest in obesity ; a specialist dietitian; psychologist and physical activity specialist.
Healthy You provide three different specialist Tier 3 weight management services to ensure that we can provide a service that suits your needs. All 3 programmes offer weight management and behaviour change support delivered by a multidisciplinary team and last for 18 months.
- have engaged with a tier-2 weight loss intervention within the two years prior to referral to tier-3 but has not been able to achieve/maintain weight loss and are
- Aged 18 or over and
- have a BMI 30 Kg/m2 with complex needs and has not responded to previous tier interventions or
- Or have a BMI 35 Kg/m2 with co-morbidities (e.g. type 2 diabetes) or
- have a BMI 40 Kg/m2
Please note that referrals are not accepted for patients who:
- have active binge eating disorder or bulimia nervosa
- have active psychosis or a significant mental health disorder that would prevent engagement with the service
- have an active Substance Abuse Disorder (SUD) including Alcohol
- Patients who have undergone previous Bariatric Surgery
- Healthy Weight Loss
www.healthypeterborough.org.uk › healthy-eating
‘Are you currently a healthy weight? Just one in three Peterborough adults are a healthy weight. There is no ideal weight that suits everyone.’
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group (cambridgeshireandpeterboroughccg.nhs.uk)
‘Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group are responsible for planning and buying local NHS services, such as the care you receive at hospital and in the community, as well as ensuring they deliver the best possible care and treatment for patients.’
- Weight management | Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group (cambridgeshireandpeterboroughccg.nhs.uk)
‘Putting on too much or too little weight can lead to health problems for you or your unborn baby.’